Sunday, February 08, 2009

I haven't blogged about my mail route in quite a while have I? I wanted to finish my "Iraq" story first, and not have it broken up by mail stories to confuse anyone... and I sort of got busy WITH the actual JOB of being a super mail chick and the whole writing of the blog just never got finished...

Soo just this past week I put in a mini bid on another route at another staion, which hopefuly means I'll be on the same route for severl weeks, maybe months! In a way it will be really nice, not changine routes every day, sometimes a coupld of routes EACH day. But it's also sad for me to leave 'my station' and my dwarfs.

Grumpy and I have become really good pals, and I'm already missing him and all my other dwarfs. It's odd to be out of my comfort zone. One of my bosses retired and the other on may or may not have retired. The jury is still out on that one. So I spose now is as good of a time as any to move around a bit huh?

My new route is FULL of really great customers AND DOGS! My first day I met the sweetest old lady, Mrs F. She has 2 dogs, Rascle and Suzy. The 2nd day she met me at her box with a GIANT Hershey bar and said she used to give Pedro snacks when he ran the route and she figgured I might like chocolate! I said "Mrs. F, you are my new best friend!!"

So far even though I think this route has more miles on it than grumpys route, I really like it. Remind me of that this summer when Im dying of heat stroke ok?

I wonder if my dwarfs miss me?

No comments: