Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chris gave me my b-day gifts early since he's gonna be in the field on my b-day, so I took my new MP4 player with me to work yesterday! I had my earphones in, and was enjoying my tunes! I guess I got carried away, and didn't think about it, because I was in my truck, delivering curbside mail boxes. ( I've done this same embarrassing thing before while walking).
So there I was... creeping along in my truck, mail box to mail box, singing...
"oh where oh where can my BAYY BEEE BEEE?? THE LORD TOOK HER AWWAAAY FROM MEEEEE SHES GONE TO HEAVEN SO IVE GOT TO BE GOOOOOD, SO I CAN SEE MY BAAYYBBEEE WHEN I LEEEEEAAAAVE THIS WOORRRLLLLDD
finishing up with an even LOUDER chorus of
"WOOOOOOOAAAAAAAA- OOOOOHHHHOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHOOOOAAHHHH'SS"
that's when I look over and see several hispanic dudes taking a break from doing their lawn care work. They are all snickering,
I YANK out my ear phones, as my WOOOAAHHoooaaahhh's die off to a quiet murmer.
They BURST our laughing.
I stop my truck, get out and take a bow.
what else can a cool mail chick do?
They all politely applaud.
I drive away and keep delivering my mail like a good mail chick.
with only ONE ear phone in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWdvxQuhSbg
in case you arent familiar with the song... it's a catchy tune.

No comments: