Tuesday, June 17, 2008

last week I delivered a box to a house. Mom answers the door, and hollers for her son to come here.
4 ish year old son runs up. Mom says
mom-Your package from daddy is here!!
son-My box from daddy?? All the way from Iraq???!!!??? ( screaming and jumping)
mom-yes!! ITS HERE!!! starts to hand son his box and I start to leave)
son tackles my legs and wraps his arms around me, hugging me, tight.
son-THANK YOU!! THANK YOU MAIL LADY!! THAAAAAANNNKKK YOOUUUU FOR GOING ALLLL THE WAY TO IRAQ TO GET MY BOX FROM MY DADDY!!!!!!
son grabs his box and runs off.
mom wipes her eyes and we just look at each other for a second. I tell her "you know he'll be home soon right?" she just nodded and wiped her eye again. and slowly shut the door, and whispered " thank you"
I felt semi stupid for sounding so trite. I just didnt know what else to say.
But I DID get a kick in the pants over me going alllll the way to iraq!!!
some days I just love my job!!

No comments: