Tuesday, June 17, 2008

~~~I was at a NBU ( neighborhood box unit.. you know, the big metal boxes where the whole block gets their mail) well it's right in front of a house where 3 littlel boys live. They always come get mail MAN bracelets, and usualy run at least ONE of my ankles over in their battery operated jeep. So today they are running around while mom cleans out the van. Oldest is about 9, then 6 then 3ish. 9 says to me
Hey, did you know my little brother can fit in that mailbox? ( pointing to the parcel locker where we put the boxes... about 2 ft by 2 ft)
I say 'ohhh reeeaalllyy???' and give him the eyebrow. " And HOW would you know THAT?"
he says (gulp) " is that illeagle"??
I say ( trying not to laugh) wellllll
he says " well you seeeeeee....."
by now mom is listening
" he was REAALLY bugging me, so I told him to see if he'd fit in there,
and
well
HE DID!"
ok I tried. I REALLY TRIED NOT TO LAUGH! but I lost it.
mom screetches MIIIIICHAAAEELLLLL!!!
9 continues " I even shut the door!!"
mom is now burying her face in the seat of the van ( she was picking up the trash on the floorboard) shaking her head back and forth. I THINK she was hiding her laughture.
3ish comes over and says WANNA SEEEE??? and starts to fold himself up into the parcel locker. I say NO NO NO!!! ( STILL laughing, and mom races over to drag all her heathen back indoors, asking me HOW MUCH IS POSTAGE ON CHILDREN????
I'll never look at those teeny weeny parcel lockers the same again! seriously, check one out next time you see one, then look at a four year old!!

No comments: